This healthy dip will be a hit at your next party. Layer it in a glass bowl or small trifle dish, if you like. To avoid the dip becoming watery, be sure to drain the wet ingredients well.
Eight-Layer Mediterranean Dip (serves 8)
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 1 cup firmly packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup plain low fat or nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pita chips
- Spread hummus evenly in the bottom of an 8-inch square dish.
- Scatter spinach over the top and press down lightly.
- Arrange peppers, then artichokes hearts over the top.
- Drop yogurt in dollops over the artichokes, then spread out to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle with olives, green onions and feta, and serve with pita chips on the side.
Per Serving:180 calories (80 from fat), 9g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 6g protein