The Applebee’s Kids Helping Kids Triathlon is quickly approaching (Sunday October 12th in Cary, NC) and our members (that’s you!) have had quite a few questions about it. So we’ve compiled a list of questions you may have, with answers, as well as how you can join the O2 Fitness team. Here’s what you need to know:
Where is the race and where can I park?
- The race is taking place at the Triangle Aquatic Center in Cary, NC.
- Parking is located in the mall parking lot adjacent to the Triangle Aquatic Center.
What time should my kids arrive?
- Registration and packet pickup is 6:30 – 8:30 am. **NOTE: all 7 and 8 year olds MUST register by 7:30am**
- For more info on race start times see the below chart:
|7:30am||7-8 year olds pre-race meeting and warm up. Race coordinators will meet with all 7 and 8 year old participants and their parents to walkthrough the details of the race and explain to the children exactly how things will go and answer questions.|
|8:00am||7-8 year olds begin race.|
|8:10am||9-10 year olds pre-race meeting and warm up. Race coordinators will meet with all 9 and 10 year old participants and their parents to walkthrough the details of the race and explain to the children exactly how things will go and answer questions.|
|8:30am||9-10 year olds start race.|
|8:55am||11-12 year olds pre-race meeting|
|9:15am||11-12 year olds start race|
What is the course like?
- You can watch the below video for a quick course overview
How far will my child have to swim, bike or run?
- Check out this distance chart based on your child’s age
What equipment will I need to bring?
- You must have the following items to compete in the race:
- A parent or guardian with a photo ID
- Bike helmet
- Running shoes
- The following items are optional, but are recommended:
- Water bottle for transition area
- Towel for transition area
- Biking and/or running clothes (or you may complete the entire race in your swim suit)
- Your child will receive a swim cap at registration
Can I help my child throughout the race?
- Parents and spectators will be able to watch the race from the “Family Viewing Areas” but are prohibited from being on the course. Safety is the number 1 concern for this event. There will be lots of volunteers on hand to assist during each event (including Lifeguards for swimming), as well as during each transition. You can view more safety information here
Can I pick up my packets earlier than Sunday?
- Yes! Here are the following pick up dates and times:
- Friday, October 10, 2014 || 4:00pm – 7:00pm || Omega Sports – North Hills – Raleigh, NC
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 || 11:00am – 3:00pm || Omega Sports – Crossroads Plaza – Cary, NC
Can I join O2 Fitness’ Team?
- Absolutely! Click here to join our team, make a donation or do both!
We really hope to see you and your little ones out there THIS Sunday. There’s still plenty of time to register. Let us know if you have any questions!