Looking for a quick and easy meal that is also delicious AND nutritious? O2 Fitness Falls personal trainer Drew Schultz has just the meal for you. A little bit of protein, a little bit of veggies and whole lot of flavor! Ready to make a healthy steak, peppers and onion recipe?
Fresh Homemade Guacamole
Fresh ground Sea Salt & Mixed Peppercorns
- Half tomatoes and pull out all the liquid/seeds. Chop.
- Finely chop the white onion. We love onion so add as little or as much as you want.
- Mince the cilantro. The more you add, the better the flavor!
- Chop avocado and lightly mash with pestle. Mix all four ingredients, but keep guacamole chunky, not smooth.
- Top off with ground salt, pepper and lime juice. Stir with fork. These last 3 can be added to taste, until you’re satisfied.So fresh and delish! I love eating mine with an egg white and veggie scramble on toast! YUM!!
– I find using a mortar and pestle for this is best. But if you don’t have one, a fork and glass bowl will be just fine.
– I love to eat my guacamole for breakfast, over an egg white and veggie scramble on toast
– It’This is just one serving. If you want to make more, add in more steak, veggies and cheese based on the number of people you’re cooking for.
– To save even more prep time, some grocers carry pre-cut peppers and onions.
– Because this is such a low-carb entrée, have low-glycemic fruit for dessert. The fat in the entrée will allow you to absorb the micronutrients and phytochemical antioxidants in the fruit, and slow digestion and absorption of those sugars even further.
If you make this recipe, make sure you tweet and instagram us your photos. We love seeing how you create them!
*Recipe created by Drew Schultz, personal trainer.