Here’s a quick, healthy, easy-to-make vegetarian dinner for four that’s a “go-to” when I’m in a rush! I like to have the ingredients pre-chopped and in separate containers to cut down on prep time even more. Adding diced tofu or a can of black beans to the couscous mixture gives the meal an added boost of protein and keeps me full. Serve with salad!
Baked Portabella Mushroom Caps with Couscous Stuffing
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cleaned portabella mushroom caps
- 2 cups pre-cooked couscous
- fat free olive oil non-stick spray
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 medium diced onion
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- ½ package drained and diced firm tofu (optional)
- 1 can rinsed black beans (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray large baking dish with fat free olive oil non-stick spray.
- Place portabella mushroom caps in baking dish, spray with olive oil non-stick spray and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Set portabella mushrooms aside.
- In separate bowl, mix prepared couscous, tomato and onion.
- Add diced tofu, black beans and red pepper to couscous mixture if desired. Fill each portabella mushroom cap with ¼ of couscous mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are easily pierced with a fork. Enjoy!