Written by: Courtney Locklear, Registered Dietitian, O2 Fitness
Protein Cookie Dough Bites?! Bring it on!
Looking for something to satisfy that sweet craving without impeding your fitness goals? Well, look no further.
I’m a huge fan of finding ways to modify recipes for foods that I enjoy that are simple and don’t take too long to make. I look for quality ingredients and minimal sugar- healthy fat and protein is an added bonus! My inspiration for these came from a recipe I found online, but I’ve recreated it using what I had in my kitchen.
These cookie dough bites are gluten-free, dairy-free, and high in protein. They’re great to make ahead and enjoy as a post-workout snack or for your after dinner treat.
This recipe makes about 6 to 8 “bites”, but the recipe can easily be doubled for sharing if you so choose. Keep in mind the brands are just what I had handy, and they happen to be available in most grocery stores – you don’t necessarily have to use these specific brands.
Courtney’s Protein Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 scoop vanilla Isopure Zero Carb whey isolate
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour
- 4-5 teaspoons of Swerve sweetener (or stevia)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 heaping tablespoons Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons Nutiva Coconut Manna (coconut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
Mix well. No baking necessary! Just simply shape the dough into bite size drops!