Rye is a grain that is generally available in whole and cracked varieties, as well as flour or flakes that look similar to old-fashioned oats. When compared to refined wheat flour, Rye usually retains more nutrients. Rye is a good source of fiber and contains phytonutrients.
Makes 15 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package whipped cream cheese
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 pound) load cocktail rye bread
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix whipped cream cheese and dry Italian-style dressing mix. Spread equal portions of the mixture on slices of the cocktail rye bread. Top each with a slice of cucumber.