Cashew nuts have a lower fat content than most nuts and much of their fat comes from heart healthy monounsaturated fats. Cashews are a good source of antioxidants. In addition, they provide an excellent amount of copper (bone and tissue health) and a good amount of magnesium (bone health) and zinc (immune system).
Asparagus with Cashews
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ lbs asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- ½ cup shiitake mushroom
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat wok or skillet to medium high or 325°.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Pour oils around top of a preheated wok or skillet for 2 minutes. Add ginger, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, and stir fry 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add cashews and soy sauce; toss gently.