Greek Yogurt is loaded with protein and calcium. This dairy food also has other nutrients such as magnesium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B12, phosphorus and potassium. A 6-ounce serving of non-fat Greek yogurt only has around 100 calories yet provides almost 20g of protein (what you will find in 2-3 ounces of meat) and 200mg of calcium.
Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip
Yield: Serves 4
This healthy Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip is simple to make and is great for parties or snack time. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up vegetables.
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Pita chips, tortilla chips, cut up veggies-for serving
- Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scrape dip into a serving bowl and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.