Written by: Brian Kenney, General Manager, O2 Fitness Wilmington
After a 3 month summer routine with your kids, you now have to start your back to school routine! School can mean a lot of things to a parent’s schedule – carpooling, meetings, school sports, after school activities, just to name a few. It can get chaotic!
Here are 5 easy tips to help keep your health a priority:
1. Breakfast – I know we’ve all heard this before, but seriously, this is the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip this meal simply because you are too busy taking care of everyone else. Make a commitment to fuel your body each and every morning.
2. Prep the night before – Avoid the morning chaos by just planning a little the night before. This can also help with tip #1!
3. Snack healthy with your children – We all have cravings, and when we’re busy we often grab the most convenient food. Convenient foods are often unhealthy, but they don’t have to be! Make time to have a healthy after school snack with your children. Think fresh fruit or a handful of nuts!
4. Scheduling, Scheduling, Scheduling! – You schedule all of your children’s activities, right? Schedule your workouts, too. They are just as important.
5. Get Moving – Kids need 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Don’t expect that need to be met at school…ensure it happens and join them! Take it outside after school.
In summary, don’t let your health fall last on your priority list. If you need extra help, O2 Fitness is here for you with expert trainers and childcare!